Today, investigators with the Walton County Sheriff’s Office arrested Cameron Sean O’Shea, 16, of Miramar Beach, FL, for one felony count of larceny, more than $300 less than $5000. On October 19th, O’Shea confessed to investigators that he deprived a victim of her purse and goods contained within and took off on foot. He removed the money from within the purse and threw the purse into a pond. The incident occurred at the Silver Sands Premium Outlet Mall on Friday, October 18th. The victim was eating and a male subject approached the area, grabbed the purse and ran off and a family member pursued the suspect (O’Shea) behind the outlet mall.
As a reminder, the upcoming holiday season is a prime time for crime. The Sheriff’s Office is asking citizens to please be vigilant, be aware of your surroundings and keep your personal belongings close to you. The following crime prevention tips are helpful for your personal safety:
- Carry only the credit cards you intend to use and avoid carrying large sums of money.
- Park your car in a well-lit area and be aware of your surroundings.
- Never leave packages or valuables in your vehicle that are visible.
- While out and about, present an alert appearance.
- There is safety in numbers……so shop with friends or relatives.
- Carry the day’s most expensive purchases closest to your body, and don’t carry so much you lose the ability to react quickly.
*Mug Shot is unavailable.