WALTON COUNTYSHERIFF’S DEPARTMENT
POSITION TITLE: Emergency Management Planner
ANNUAL SALARY RANGE: $43,300.00 – $61,500.00
CLOSING DATE: March 8, 2013– 5:00 PM (CST)
This agency is advertising for the position of Emergency Management Planner.
To apply please submit a Support Staff application to the Walton County Sheriff’s Office, 752 Triple G Road, DeFuniak Springs, Florida 32433. For additional information, please contact the Human Resource Office at the Walton County Sheriff’s Office at (850) 892-8186.
- Associate of Science degree in Emergency Management, Homeland Security, Criminal Justice or Business Administration.
- Valid driver’s license
- Must be at least 19 years of age
- Applicants must pass a background investigation and drug screening.
- Applicants must be able to communicate clearly and concisely both verbally and in writing.
- Applicants must have working knowledge of the National Incident Management System (NIMS) and the Incident Command System (ICS).
- Applicants must have demonstrated ability and experience in preparing strategic plans, problem solving and resource management.
- Consideration will be given during the selection process to applicants with experience and/or training in emergency management, homeland security, coordinating mutual aide responses or related planning activities.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Emergency Management, Homeland Security, Criminal Justice or Business Administration.
- Previous experience in developing emergency plans, including preparation, mitigation, and recovery planning.
- Experience working inside an Emergency Operations Center during an activation.
Applicants for consideration will be selected after an oral panel interview and application review.
Salary will be commensurate with training and experience.
The Walton County Sheriff’s Department is an Equal Opportunity Employee/Drug Free Workplace. If you need an accommodation because of a disability in order to participate in the application/selection process, please notify the Hiring Authority or Human Resources in advance. Preference shall be given to certain veterans and spouses of veterans as provided by Chapter 295, Florida Statutes. Applicants claiming preference must submit a Form DD-214.